A Pastuso Walks Into A Bar... - About my Semana Santa trip to the department of Nariño in 2010 to visit the cities of Pasto and Ipiales, this probably gets the most hits due to web searches for "Pastuso jokes," the "red neck" or "dumb blonde" joke versions here in Colombia.
Bien Pueda - The second oldest post in the top five, this one is no doubt the result of websearches investigating the meaning of this polite Colombianism, though my post was simply to show off my new digs and throw out an open invitation to visitors.
Birds & Bees...and Testis (Part I) - After teaching about the human reproductive system for four years I finally decided to document some of the bizarre and humorous questions I get throughout the day and record them for posterity. I have no explanation for why this is so popular, but it is one of my favorites.
The Autograph Line Starts Over There - I wrote this post upon returning from summer vacation after my second year. It is about being recognized in a city of over 2 million people. There are no interesting tags on this post and the title isn't extraordinary so, again, I have no idea why this one has be read so often.
What's In A Name? - I graduated with an abundance of Jennifers, Erics, Stephanies, and Kristin/Christine/Christina/etc's. There are name trends here too, just more of the Juan Camilo, Ana Maria, Veronica, Catalina, Andrés variety. That is all this post was about. Maybe people are looking for baby names?
According to my traffic source statistics, the top five search keywords that bring you fine folks to my blog are:
- "sergio en colombia" (glad you know what to search for)
- "pastuso jokes" (makes sense if you see the most-visited post above)
- "sergiencolombia" (rockin' it all in one word! guess that changes everything!)
- "colombian mullet" (love this, but I find it a little bizarre that this many people search for it; also, there was this one post...)
- "bien pueda" (also makes sense from the title of second most-popular post above)